Get ready ladies. London Fashion Week is almost upon us.
As the fashionistas flock to the front row, and this years models get ready to strut their stuff on the catwalk, we’re taking a slightly different approach.
Inspired by the latest catwalk trends, the Your London Florist team have pulled together the latest in flower fashion trends to give you a taste of what you can expect to see from wedding flowers, colour schemes and wedding themes in 2017.
Here’s our top pick of the new season flower fashion trends and how to pull them off for your big day.
50 Shades of Pastel
It’s not only the bride that is blushing this season. Pastels of all shades are a top flower fashion trend for 2017.
If you’re looking for soft, gentle and romantic look whilst forgoing the traditional creams and neutrals, pastels are the way to go.
A great way to achieve this look is to mix ivory, blush, soft peach or nude colours together and in large quantities to create an elegant finish.
- Pearls, satin, lace and vintage fabrics all work well to compliment this look and the mixture of textures and colours will really enhance the pastel theme
- Vintage glass vases and perfume bottles can also work well to compliment the arrangements
- Round tables with multiple arrangements rather than one style centrepiece on every table to give more depth and variety and work really well with Pastels.
In an English Country Garden
The English Country Garden trend is all about bringing the natural beauty of the outside wilderness inside and taming it for your big day.
This season sees arrangements including lots of sprawling green foliages with a selection of beautiful garden roses and other fragrant garden flowers such as freesia, sweet peas and tuberose.
- Make sure flowers are used in a way that is in keeping with their natural growing habitat
- Foliage is as important as flowers
- Sprawling arrangements give a “just picked” style – avoid anything too tied or restrained.
- Wooden plinths, jam jars, tea lights and twine all make great English Garden table accessories
Substituting round tables for long tables and using long table runners creates an english garden party wedding feel.
Pretty in Pink
Pink is also the name of the game for wedding flowers in 2017.
All shades of pink from blush to fuchsia from rouge to magenta were seen on the catwalks, and this translates into flowers as well. Basically the more pinks the merrier.
Whether you are blending them or sticking to one shade or tone, pinks are unashamedly girlie, and create a romantic ambience that can’t help but bring a big smile to your face.
Whether you prefer pastels or bright pinks, everything pink will bring a gorgeous girlish touch to your wedding day.
- Use romantic garden roses, peonies, and hydrangeas to create marshmallow style arrangements.
- Don’t limit yourself to just pink flowers – make sure your accessories are matching as well.
- Pink candles, tea light holders, vases and tableware - more pink the better!
Rock & Roll Bride
The main rule of Rock & Roll bride is to basically go break all the rules!
Rock your wedding by incorporating leather jackets, bikes, tattoos and “Guns n Roses” attributes into your wedding theme.
Red roses in glass domes, spiky foliage, moss, and deep jewel colour flower crowns can all add a touch of rebel without a cause to a Rock & Roll themed wedding.
- Touches of black lace and red velvet add biker charm to table arrangements
- Floral hanging arrangements and chandeliers add more complexity to a room
- Dark and deep jewel coloured roses add depth and texture to tables and bouquets
Metallics are also making a come back this season for weddings.
Whether you favour silver, gold, glitter or crystals - anything with a bit of sparkle is in fashion this coming wedding season.
Not only can you use sequin table cloths or mirrored tables; but flowers arranged on candelabras, in mercury glass holders or crystal stands will all add to the glamorous atmosphere and create a truly luxurious look.
- Use mirrored containers to enhance the sparkle and shimmer of candle light
- Fairy lights and glittery containers will add extra sparkle
So whether you’re thinking pink or pastels, or want to rock out at your Rock & Roll themed wedding, our top flowers trends for 2017 will give you some inspiration and a little taste of what to expect from the weddings you’ve got lined up for the year ahead.
Whatever theme you have in mind, our team at Your London Florist will be more than happy to help you plan and create the right ambience for your big day.